Non-contact thickness gauging
The PEL-CNC sensor is a pneumatically controlled system for thickness gauging
- PEL-A pneumatic sensor
- A nozzle mounted at the tip of the probe
- A servo motor controlled by the output of the PEL-A to maintain the tip of the probe at a preset distance from the surface of the workpiece
- A linear encoder to measure the displacement of the probe.
- A computing unit to combine the data and provide the thickness value.
The PEL-CNC provides a gauging range of 25mm with a resolution up to 0.1um.
The tip of the probe can be equipped with different nozzles:
1mm diameter gauging nozzle for maximum precision
Concentric nozzle for larger stand off distance (1-3mm)
Key Applications: Thickness gauging (with submicron accuracy)
- Unaffected by the material (metal, glass, sapphire, plastic, polished, unpolished, etc…)
- Non-contact sensing
- Sub-miniature detector
- Submicron repetitive accuracy